a) contact information; b) business contact information; c) username and password to access our Services; d) financial information; e) employment information; f) social media identifier; and g) other information (such as shopping behavior and preferences, language preference, age, date of birth, gender and family status).
Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so we collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are mandatory/ required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include, but is not limited to, the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
By using the Website or the Services, you consent to collection, storage, use and processing of the personal information you provide (including any changes thereto as provided by you or your representatives, nominees, assigns) for any of the services that we offer. Users of the Website agree and acknowledge that they are being made fully aware by the Website / Droom about the manner and the purposes for which, the information so shared /disclosed by them will be used.
We use data collection devices such as "cookies" on certain pages of the Website to help analyse our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A "cookie" is a small piece of information stored by a Web server on a Web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. The acceptance of cookies is not a requirement for visiting the Website. However, we would like to point out that some functionality on the Website and ordering is only possible with the activation of cookies. Cookies are tiny text files which identify your computer to our server as a unique user when you visit certain pages on the Website and they are stored by your Internet browser on your computer's hard drive. Usually, cookies contain two pieces of information: a site name and a unique user ID. Cookies cannot be used alone to identify you, although they may be used to identify your IP address.
If you choose to buy/ transact on the Website, we collect information about your buying/ transaction behaviour. When you transact with us, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, a credit/ debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
If you choose to leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by applicable laws.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you. We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, credit card / debit card / other payment instrument details, etc.) from you when you set up a free account with us. While you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests.
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
2. PURPOSE / USE OF DEMOGRAPHIC / PROFILE DATA / YOUR INFORMATION We use personal information to provide the services you request. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your personal information for purposes including but not limited to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, issuing vouchers for products and/or services, maintaining discussion forums, interacting with Website users for customer feedback and resolving customer queries and issues, processing requests for signing up for special offers and maintenance of Website and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection (collectively “purpose”).
In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users' activity on our Website.
We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
We will occasionally ask you to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask you for contact information and demographic information (like zip code, age, or income level). We use this data to tailor and/ or rate your experience at our Website, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION We may share personal information with the Authorised Third Parties, who may be located within or outside Malaysia for the purposes herein provided, to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity. In such situations, we will share your personal information as is necessary for the Authorised Third Party to perform these services, on a strictly confidential basis. These parties are not allowed to process your Personal Information disclosed to them except for the limited purpose of providing the particular service for us. Those entities and affiliates will not market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-in.
We further clarify that by using our Website and / or Services available on the Website, we may utilize/disclose the details shared by our users, without prejudice to any of their rights, for commercial or non-commercial purpose which we in our sole discretion consider necessary for the Services and purposes herein provided. Further, the comments and photographs of Our Users may be publicized as testimonials for promotion of the Website and/ or the Services.
4. LINKS TO OTHER SITES Our Website contains links to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. Droom is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites. Any usage of such third-party website or availing any service or product through third party shall be at your risk and we shall not responsible for any loss/damage or otherwise.
5. SECURITY PRECAUTIONS / RETENTION / DATA INTEGRITY / ACCESS Our Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, alteration of the information under our control and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. Personal Information that we collect will be stored and backed up securely. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
We will store your personal information as long as the purpose it was collected for remains valid and or any other period of time required and/or permitted by Malaysian law.
We takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that personal information depends to a large extent on the information that you provide. You can have access to your personal information that we have in our possession or control and may request that your personal information be amended for purposes of accuracy and completeness.
You have the right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal information by providing a written explanation for such refusal.
You may at any time remove your personal information from our database, or amend or correct your personal information. If you remove your personal information from our records, we will no longer be able to provide the Services to you.
7. ADVERTISEMENTS ON THE WEBSITE We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
9. CONTACTING US / GRIEVANCE OFFICER In case you need to access your personal information, have any grievances about the use of this Website / any of the policies for use / availing the services on the Website, you may contact the grievance officer appointed by us. The name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Sudhanshu Kumar firstname.lastname@example.org